All project assets are available at the Web Portal, including dedicated Search tools for water-related open data. There is an open Virtual Product Market with 14 running softwares producing information for efficient water management and policy. We have initiated a Virtual Water-Science Laboratory where scientists can collaborate on computational experiments, and a Knowledge Brokerage area that facilitate societal dialogues on development and marketing of information products.
OPEN TO THE WORLD
- Launch 14 innovative water information products and services which will contribute to planning in safety, sustainability, exploitation, adaptation and public awareness
- Address river flow, floods, droughts, water quality, change and multiple water use
- Contribute to the implementation of European water policy
- Facilitate the search, combinations and visualisation of data for tailored water assessments
SWITCH-ON gives free access to basic components for developing commercial information products and services, such as:
- A spatial information platform with graphical interfaces and set of analysis tools
- Tailored geodata for water assessments
- Modelled time-series of many water variables.
- Quality indications of many open datasets.
- New knowledge of natural processes, hazards and on going environmental change.
SWITCH-ON products have been developed in a collaborative, networked environment to:
- Allow a co-creation process involving science partners.
- Utilise external research in product development.
- Ensure direct links between scientists and developers and embrace feedback and user requirements.
- Place users in the spotlight: agile user centric development with early and frequent stakeholder contacts.
- Enhance collaboration between product developers through periodic on-line demonstrations and reviews of product features and business ideas.
- Improve continuously as a result of incremental development design.
- Analyse societal needs and the market potential of water-information products.
- Make alliances and bundling with other software packages to build on the leverage from existing customer bases.
OPEN SCIENCE – VIRTUAL WATER SCIENCE LAB
Virtual water-science laboratories allow scientists to share and use available knowledge at early stages in the research process. The infrastructure supports a new approach to the scientific process based on sharing and collaboration to:
- Share knowledge using innovative co-design software tools.
- Allow scientists to launch new ideas for immediate feedback and networking opportunities worldwide.
- Create procedures and experiment protocols to ensure reproducibility and transparency in computational experiments.
- Encourage incremental forms of research through dynamic living experiment protocols.
- Allow access to numerical hydrological models, source codes and manuals.
- Share tailored data for catchment analysis on a pan European level.
- Create a data repository and tools for publishing/sharing research result data.
- Make direct links to practical applications and feedback on research results.